Marcum LLP’s Financial Institutions Service Group offers industry knowledge and a commitment to provide a wide array of services within the financial institution industry.
Our Marcum team has professionals from various fields of auditing, tax, IT and consulting and has the hands-on experience in many aspects of the financial institution industry, serving more than 50 regional banks, community banks, credit unions and mortgage banking companies.
Over the years, Marcum has been involved in complex engagements including configuring and installing the general ledger package for an assigned risk pool operator; serving as an accounting expert to the Special Litigation Committee of the Board of Directors of two large publicly traded insurers; and preparing forecasted financial statements used by a medical malpractice carrier to complete the licensing process in two states.
Banking CPAs is a nationwide affiliation of independently owned accounting firms committed to delivering exceptional financial and consulting services to the community banking industry. Certified Public Accountants who demonstrate expertise and focus in supporting community banks are selected based on their superior service to the industry. Banking CPAs members cooperatively build leading accounting practices in their individual markets by exchanging business development practices and technical knowledge to benefit more community banking clients effectively.
Marcum is ranked among the top 20 largest accounting firms in the nation and the nation’s 9th largest auditor of SEC registrants.
Marcum views the role of an accountant as a proactive and creative team player, offering both practical and technical expertise in business matters. Our role is to improve accountability, identify opportunities and plan the financial future and growth potential of our clients. In all that we do, we strive to consistently exceed our clients' expectations by working with them to resolve various types of business issues.
Audit and Assurance Services
- Financial statement audits.
- Internal Control audits (SOX 404 and FDICIA).
- Agreed-Upon Procedures engagements.
- SSAE 16 examinations.
- Employee benefit plan audits.
- Tax provision computation /review.
- Tax Compliance.
- Compensation Planning.
- Transaction Cost Analysis.
- Research and project assistance.
- Merger & Acquisition consulting.
- Tax Planning.
- Nexus Review.
- Controversy Services.
Information Technology/Internal Audit/Regulatory
- Internal audit.
- IT audit/Information security assessments.
- Network vulnerability and penetration testing.
- OFAC compliance.
- Dodd-Frank compliance.
- Vendor management programs.
- SOX 404 and FDICIA implementation and testing.
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering testing.
- Fiduciary and Trust operations.
- Enterprise Risk Management assessment and programs.
- Process redesign and enhancement programs.
- Operation Risk Management Assessment and programs.
- Policies and procedures development.