To effectively complete a merger or acquisition, any buyer (and seller) must consider the level of due diligence necessary to protect their interest. Marcum provides a range of merger and acquisition services to public companies and privately-held businesses.
Whether the client is interested in pursuing the sale of all or part of its business, or in making a strategic acquisition, Marcum’s focus is on managing the process to a successful conclusion to enhance shareholder value.
Contact one of Marcum's regional representatives.
- Assist in evaluating the deal.
- Analyze the value and risk drivers.
- Assist in the execution of the Letter of Intent ("LOI").
- Provide the following services:
- Financial services.
- Tax services.
- Benefits services.
- Markets and competitors services.
- Operations and technology services.
- Identify deal breakers.
- Help structure the deal.
- Provide accounting advice:
- Impact of transaction on ongoing accounts.
- Debt or equity.
- Cost of restructuring and integration.
- Push down accounting.
- Recap accounting.
- Merger accounting.
- Provide audit, review or compilation services.
- Provide tax services.
Negotiations and Closing
- Provide sale and purchase agreement advice.
- Dispute resolution and completion accounts.
- Significant closing mechanisms.
- Price adjustments.
- Closing and completion account mechanisms.
- Preparation and audit of completion accounts.
- Resolution of price disputes.