Marni Pankin is a Partner in the Firm's National Alternative Investment Industry group responsible for advising clients on the formation and operation of investment funds. She assists with the Group's administration and policy setting and provides technical support to the financial statement audit engagement team.
Ms. Pankin successfully spearheads the Firm's Alternative Investment Group training program. She develops the curriculum and provides hedge fund training to smaller accounting firms. She is a frequent presenter at industry conferences and currently serves as the editor-in-chief for the Firm's alternatives-focused newsletter, Private Investment Forum.
Ms. Pankin has more than 20 years experience. She began her career in the audit department of a "Big 4" accounting firm and later served as Controller for a privately-held hedge fund management firm. In addition, she remains active with her alma mater and involves the Firm with on-campus recruiting.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Peer Reviewer
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Hedge Funds Care
- Mid Island Y Jewish Community Center, K.I.S.S. Program
- Long Island Children's Museum, Board of Directors
- Financial Research Associates
- Foundation for Accounting Education Investment Conference
- More Disclosure Requirements for Investment Funds, Private Investment Forum - Spring 2015
- To Be or not To Be an Investment Company?, Private Investment Forum - Summer 2014
- New Derivatives Disclosures for 2013 Financial Statements- Are you ready?, Private Investment Forum - Winter 2014
- The AIFMD, Europe’s New Fund Managers' Directive, is Here, Private Investment Forum - Summer 2013
Financial Statement Audits
Portfolio Accounting Systems and Reconciliations
Back Office Operations
Private Equity Funds
Fund of Funds
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
State University of New York at Albany